I'd like to introduce you to MOGO Media...

When I first started this blog, I envisioned it as a way to keep touch with my readers, as well as a way to share information about my favorite graphics application, Adobe Illustrator. My real business (since I left Adobe) has been customized corporate training and consulting through my company, Design Responsibly. I enjoy the challenge of finding ways to help people no matter what the application and no matter what the workflow. Traveling the world and meeting all kinds of people has also taught me valuable lessons in understanding just how different we all are and how we use the very same applications in a multitude of ways. This blog has also made it possible for people from all over the world to reach out to me -- either to express thanks, to ask for advice or a technique, or just to live with the knowledge that someone else in the world actually understands them.

Naturally, like just about all of us in life, I wanted more.

And with that in mind, I'd like to introduce you to what I view as the next step. A way for me to get more involved in building a true community around not just Illustrator, but the very things that we all care about. It's called MOGO Media. Some of you may already be familiar with Barry Anderson, who runs the truly fantastic InDesign Conference and Creative Suite Conference. I've partnered up with Barry and some other good friends (David Blatner of InDesign Secrets) in the hopes that I can share even more information with even more people around the world.



MOGO Media brings together a collection of some of the leading experts and authors in the world of design and publishing through conferences and seminars, blogs, podcasts, and user forums. Membership is free and I hope that you find the resources valuable.

Don't worry - the Real World Illustrator blog isn't going away - it is still a wonderful place where I can share valuable information on Illustrator. But in many ways, I can offer much more through MOGO Media. For example, I get many many questions emailed to me every day. So does my friend David Blatner over at InDesign Secrets. As do many other of my peers. Writing out detailed responses or posting some information on a blog can take quite a bit of time. In fact, sometimes I just wish I could just walk over to a reader's computer and SHOW them the answer to their question. So I've created something called AskMOGO -- it's a video podcast that allows me to answer questions in a more efficient -- and engaging -- way. You can already see a few of these podcasts over at MOGO Media and judging by how many questions I have, I can promise a lot more of those coming soon.

Most importantly, I value the opinions of all of my readers. Please share with me your thoughts either in the comments here or via email. If you have ideas or things you'd like to see, let me know, and I'll do my best to make it happen. If you like what you see, please spread the word!

Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks