5-city seminar tour teaches Dreamweaver and CSS

Even though this doesn't fall specifically under the topic of Illustrator, I thought it would be relevant to you folks, especially considering how many of you are designers and how many of you publish web content.

MOGO Media and Adobe have announced a 5-city seminar tour entitled "Getting Started with Dreamweaver and CSS" which is a one-day web publishing workshop to help designers fully grasp the concepts of modern web publishing. In truth, I used to be a GoLive user and was comfortable only on a superficial level with web publishing in general. I thought I understood what CSS was as I had drawn comparisons to what I thought was similar functionality within print-based programs like InDesign. When I tried my hand at Dreamweaver, there was a huge disconnect and I just couldn't seem to "get it".

Then I tripped on some information on CSS and realized that I really only had half the equation. While InDesign styles map to the CSS style attributes, I was missing out on the CSS layout part of the process. Then, when I truly understood what the word "cascade" really meant, it all clicked and Dreamweaver suddenly came to life before my eyes. It is for this reason that I worked closely with Brian Wood, who is the instructor for the seminar series, to help develop content that I think will really help designers understand web publishing on a totally different level.

The seminar only costs $49 for the day and will appear in the following cities:

- Los Angeles, May 29
- New York City, June 4
- Washington DC, June 17
- Chicago, June 24
- Boston, June 26

You can get more information and register at www.mogoseminars.com.

Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks