Acrobat 9, Fireworks, and Online Services

Adobe officially announced Acrobat 9 today. I'll admit I am VERY impressed with the release (I know, it's Acrobat!), and it's worth heading over to Adobe's website to take a look.

Of interesting note is that Adobe has announced a 3.3 upgrade to Creative Suite Design Premium owners, which is basically Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium PLUS Acrobat 9... and Fireworks! For those who weren't aware, Fireworks was previously available only as part of the Web edition of the suite. This will give more people a reason to see some of the benefits of Fireworks. While I'll admit I've toyed with Fireworks here and there, I'm still firmly entrenched in sticking with Illustrator. Maybe folks out there can help me find more of a reason to use Fireworks.

Of most interest to me however, and what I believe is probably the most exciting news of the day, is Adobe's announcement that alongside Acrobat 9 are a variety of online services. I personally have been relying on several online "applications" (37 Signals' Basecamp is one such example), and most of you are familiar with Adobe's Kuler and Photoshop Express apps as well. Now, Adobe introduces several new online services at www.acrobat.com that include an online word processor (Buzzword) and a suite of tools that allow you to create, share, and host documents online.

If this is a direction that Adobe is moving towards (which appears is the case), then one can only dream of how such online services can also be extended towards the design community. Yummy thoughts.

Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks