Honey and Mustard



Why does Miel de Provence, Moutarde de Dijon and Moutarde Rustique sound so much more interesting and romantic than Honey from Provence, Dijon mustard and Country mustard.
I guess French just sounds more romantic than English.
Or maybe it is just me coming from Sweden!


I had for many years kept some old jars that at some point contained delicious honey and mustard.
I had obviously not had the heart to throw them away.
Well, when I found them again deep in the loft I was delighted.


Even the writing on the jars I find delightful.


While I was at it I also found a little wooden box with the word "stamps" written in Danish on the lid.
I remember buying the little box at an antique market in Covent Garden in the centre of London.
I was so pleased at the time to find a little box with a Danish word written on it and it quickly became mine for a few pounds.
I thought it would be fun to fill the stamp box with little pink treasures and combine it with the jars that also have writing on them.


In the larger of the three jars I arranged some old fashioned garden pinks.
They are highly scented and lasts for a long time as cut flowers.



I love the frillyness of the pinks and how they come in all kinds of colours from very light to deep and dark.

Some have a dark center others have dark or light frilly edges.
The perfect flowers for little posies.

I put the whole arrangement on an old silver plated tray adding a white paper doily and a piece of lace around the larger jar just for fun.
An old wooden kitchen chair painted pink became a temporary table top and a hand woven pink and white table mat finished it off nicely.


Have a wonderful pink day!

xoxo Ingrid

Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks