Pink Beauties



Peonies are often thought of as a cottage garden flower, but they also have an aristocratic and exotic past.
Here and here you can read a bit about the history of peonies.


They are lush and luxurious and their opulent frilled petals are at home in any setting.


I have made the arrangement in an old vintage enamel water jug.
The jug is French and in an unusual dark grey colour.
I love the shape of the jug and the clean lines of the handle and spout.


The grey is picked up in an old Victorian metal grate that I have added as a contrast to the arrangangement.


You can't have enough of small glass bottles. Perfect for using in small flower arrangments.


A small glass bowl with a peony bud sits on top of two books. The top book is Virginia Woolf's
It was written in 1925 and I like the first line in the book which is:
"Mrs. Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself."
I have yet to read the book but I did see the film The Hours. In the movie the book plays an important part.


Have a wonderful day!

Ingrid xoxo

Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks