Buttons, Lettering and Poems



An old used sack, some old buttons and an old book.
What so special about that?
Well, the buttons are made from mother-of-pearl, the old sack has some fun writing on it and the book is full of beautiful poems.


Some very pretty light pink chrysanthemums looked gorgeous in contrast with all the light and dark grey.


I think there is something special about buttons.
I am not sure why and I find it difficult to articulate why I like them so much.
My daughter does not share my love of buttons.
She thinks it is a bit odd to collect so many buttons that mostly look the same.
But we still love each other!


Old belt buckles is another weakness! 
These two are charming in their colour and shape.

The old sack has some interesting writing on it.
It is a mix of English and Swedish.
It says: Amerikorn Yellow Flaking Hominy,
Mfd. by Krause Milling Company,
Milwaukee 1, Wis.
U.S.A.
Tree Kronor,
PFS 6519,
Stockholm

After some research on the Internet I think the sack might be from the late 1930's.
The sack was used when importing American corn or hominy to Sweden sometime before the Second World War.


In a local charity store my eye caught this lovely book cover.
It reminded me of climbing plants or seeds and I loved the colour.
It was a poetry book in German, of which I know maybe twenty words. 
I was hesitant until the lady in the shop told me it was 50 pence.
How could I then resist yet another photo prop!
  

The small dark buttons are also made from mother-of-pearl, not white this time but in a wonderful silver grey colour.
The very large buttons are old coat buttons from the 1950's.


A very large pair of tailor's scissors with it's worn metal grey fitted right in with the buttons and the colour scheme.


Wish you all a wonderful day full of pretty things!

xoxo Ingrid



Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks