White and Silver Christmas



I was inspired to do a white and silver Christmas flower arrangement. It all began with a collection of small vintage Christmas baubles that I found on Ebay a few years back.



I also wanted to use a white and grey flower palette. Many of us love the white on white colour scheme even for Christmas.


The white Chrysanthemums are from the Farmers Market, the grey Eucalyptus comes from a local florist and the variegated Pittosporum is from the neighbours garden. While out in the garden I also found some mature ivy seed heads and decided to try them in the arrangement. The almost black berries were a bit dark for my colour scheme but I rather liked the contrast so I kept them in. 



While I was stripping off the lower leaves of the Eucalyptus branches I was left with a lot of pretty coloured leaves that I did not have the heart to just throw away - so I put them in a clear pressed glass bowl - vintage of course!


I feel it ended up looking very nice and fresh and really is an arrangement that would work all year around. 


My very precious and very fragile little baubles also ended up in a pressed glass bowl this one has a foot.
I love the bauble with the little smiling face and the ones that looks like pine cones are pretty cool as well!


To soften the whole arrangement I wound some ribbon around the container that I used as a vase. I used double sided tape to hold the ribbon in place. I also put a white crocheted doily under the container and under that a table mirror to spread reflections of the whole arrangement.   



Have a good day!

All my very best to you!

xoxo Ingrid


Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks