Sugar Peony Inspiration

I think I may have made more than my share of sugar peonies over the past few years...

Don't get me wrong - they are still a huge favorite, and I still love making them...and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to teach them to so many lovely students all over the world!

The classic and original Petalsweet peony in white:




But recently I have been inspired to play around with how I create the petals and put them together, as well as experimenting with more color...there are quite a few gorgeous varieties of peonies out there, and I'm hoping to be able to capture a few of them in sugar (with a bit of luck and practice)...and thought I'd share some of my progress with you!

Here's the first bit of work with a peachy-toned peony with more of a ruffled edge on the petals...

Bare petals ready for color:


A bit of peach and pink petal dust:


The basic shape to the finished flower is similar, but a little more round, and the petals have a bit more of a romantic and feminine feel...and I love the soft peach and pink tones against the pop of yellow in the stamens. It's a subtle difference, but I really like it...and it's a move in the right direction for something new:


More coming soon...thanks so much for stopping by! x

If you are interested in receiving updates about future classes and workshops in your inbox, please subscribe to our Petalsweet Newsletter below...


Copyright © 2012 by Jacqueline Butler of Petalsweet Cakes. Content of this blog (including text, photographs and layout) is the property of Jacqueline Butler - please respect copyright laws. If you want to link to my blog, or post any of my photos, please contact me - it would be great to have the opportunity to connect with you. Thank you!











Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks