Practicing Sugar Flower Tulips

I know I'm WAY off season for sugar tulips...at least in this part of the world...but I have been wanting to try my hand at some parrot tulips since I had the chance to take a sugar flower class with the very talented James Rosselle last month. I have made tulips before, but the petals were very simple...nothing like the fun and flirty petals for the parrot variety!

So after enjoying a thorough introduction to parrot tulips in class a few weeks ago, I spent part of a day practicing and re-creating them...

Drying petals:



Dusting the petals with color and pearl:



The finished tulip petals all taped together:



And a little peek at their centers:



I can't wait to try them in different colors and use them in a new topper...how about fluffy white tulips mixed with peonies and hydrangea? I don't think I want to wait until Spring for this one...so please stay tuned...and thanks for stopping by!

Copyright © 2010 by Jacqueline Butler of Petalsweet Cakes. Content of this blog (including text, photographs and layout) is the property of Jacqueline Butler - please respect copyright laws. If you want to link to my blog, or post any of my photos, please contact me - it would be great to have the opportunity to connect with you. Thank you!

Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks