Pink and Green Christmas



I love the traditional colour red for Christmas and I have to admit that most of my Christmas decorations are red, many made of wood and from Sweden.
Red decorations on the green branches of a Christmas tree looks lovely. Maybe because they are complementary colours.



This year I was ready to try something else, so here is a bit of experimentation.
The old trustworthy Chrysanthemums in a deep pink and the lime green small button type is mixed with dark green holly leaves and some variegated Arum leaves.


I dug out some old Laura Ashley fabric from the 1980's mixed with other old and new fabrics. Ribbons are from my very favourite ribbon lady Jane Means



The fresh, glossy holly leaves has lethal spines but looks fabulous with it's shine and light edgings.


Vintage baubles in  pink and green adds some shine and interesting reflections.


The fact that they are old, faded in colour and a bit scratched just adds to the charm.


What colours are you using this year to decorate your tree and house?

Have a great time! 

xoxo Ingrid 

 

Facebook Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks